Impact of The Pandemic on Falls in Older Adults; Analysis and Management
Falls on the rise, Fall-related deaths reached near-highs in 2020: an estimated 76.3 fatalities per 100,000 people between July and September, a 9% jump from the previous year. Yet many could have been prevented. Fall research suggests that both reduced physical conditioning and fear of falling can increase future fall risk and reduce independence.
The course is a 2-hour live webinar will provided important information about falls in the post pandemic era with focus on biomechanical explanation of falls.
Clinicians will learn:
- The recent data/Polls about falls since Pandemic started.
- At least three Biomechanical causes of falls
- At least three Non-biomechanical causes of falls.
- Best evidence-based assessment tools for fall.
- Establish management strategies to prevent falls.
- Educate patients on how to regain confidence post falls.
This course has been approved for 2 CEUs for IL PT/PTA/OT/COTA
Certificates will be available in the user profile. You must submit the course evaluation in order to receive a certificate. Please visit support page to learn how to print your certificate.
- We use Zoom Webinar for our live webinars
- Webinar information and access code will be emailed to registered users prior to the webinar date.
- Please note, joining the webinar using a phone is not acceptable, you MUST use an approved device.
- Approved devices are PC/MAC/Tablets.
1-Webinar information will be emailed to the registered users the day before the course date.
2- Click on the link below to view the webinar info (Login first)
The link below will be active after the webinar is concluded.