Home Exercises Program prescription , An Evidence-Based Clinical Guidance
Home exercises program (HEP) prescription has a greater liability than the hands on interventions. Prescribing HEP is no different from physician prescribing medications to their patients when it comes to compliance, frequency of use, side effects, and contraindications. Recently, insurance companies trying to deny services or reducing the number of services requested, their rational is that HEP should have been utilized. Many researches utilized HEP in their treatment protocol. Can an assistant issue HEP? Should they notify the supervising therapist? if harm happens to a patient due to HEP, who is liable?. The most important aspect of HEP is the ability of patients to perform effectively and routinely. How many exercises is effective is another area that affects compliance/adherence to HEP.
This is a 2-hour live webinar that will provide essential and evidence-based information to clinicians related to an important topic we utilize every day in our practices.
- Learn the difference between HEP and patient education
- Understand how HEP used in research, clinical settings, and audit.
- Learn the number of HEP needed for HEP to be effective
- Understand the difference between HEP and treatment protocols .
- Explore the barrier to home-based exercise program adherence.
- Appreciate the liability associated with issuing HEP.
- Understand the guide for therapy assistants when issuing HEP.
- Explore the effectiveness of the HEP in various conditions.
This course has been approved for 2 CEUs for IL PT/PTA/OT/COTA
Certificates will be available in the user profile. You must submit the course evaluation in order to receive a certificate. Please visit support page to learn how to print your certificate.
- We use Zoom Webinar for our live webinars
- Webinar information and access code will be emailed to registered users prior to the webinar date.
- Please note, joining the webinar using a phone is not acceptable, you MUST use an approved device.
- Approved devices are PC/MAC/Tablets.
Will be emailed to registered clinicians on 8/17/2021
The link below will be active after the webinar is concluded.